This was an easy and quick dish I made because we had loads of grapes that were about to go bad. It was a situation where I purchased grapes not knowing my husband had already purchased grapes, then he purchased some again not realizing I had already done so. We couldn’t eat them fast enough!
Something I want to work better at this year is not wasting food and try my hardest to center recipes and meals around foods before they reach their expiration.
As all meals I post on here due to my particular allergies, this is dairy, gluten, and tomato free.
*technically I am not supposed to eat fruit either, but I’ve learned what I can tolerate and in what amount*
Broccoli & Grape Salad
- 1 bag of purple grapes -each one cut in half (amount really depending on how much you love grapes. To me, the more the better!)
- 2 heads of fresh broccoli, florets only
- 1/3 cup of real bacon bits (or more if you really like bacon. Up to you!)
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup silvered almonds
*You can make this vegetarian by purchasing Veggie Bacon Bits
- 1 cup lite mayo
- 1 TBsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- Combine all the fruit and veggies ingredients in a large bowl
- Prepare the dressing in a separate bowl and whisk together
- Pour the dressing into the fruit and veggie bowl and stir until everything is combined
- Chill for several hours.
Really simple. I was very glad that all of our grapes didn’t go to waste. I packed this in my lunch for the entire week, and even my very picky-eater son enjoyed a few bites. It’s a step in the right direction for the kid who claims all veggies are evil. 😉
*this post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase from any of the links provided, I get a small portion. 🙂