You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on Instagram! @mommisadventures
We are a family of 3 living in a small town in Florida. I am unable to have any more children, so Blake completes our little family perfectly. 🙂
We’ve been through a lot with him in his 4 years of life: GERD, colic, food allergies, sleep issues, and most recently he was diagnosed with Asperger’s.
My husband is a police officer and I teach elementary school.
I talk a lot. I’m honest and I don’t hide my emotions or feelings very easily. This parenting thing isn’t easy, and every parent should be able to accept that and admit it without feeling like less of a parent. In a world full of people who constantly compare their lives to what they see on social media, I strive to help people understand that things aren’t always as rosy as the pictures portrayed on your newsfeed. Every day brings new (mis)adventures! I started this blog because I was totally lost on this whole parenting thing in the beginning. Who am I kidding? I’m still lost! One day at a time, right?
I blog about my mommy successes and failures, saving money, ideas, product reviews, milestones, recipes and things I hope will be beneficial and helpful to other parents. None of the “advice” I give is from an expert. It’s just from me playing the game of life every day and figuring this whole thing out. Publicly!
My hope is that I can help any other parent who may face a challenge, or need some encouragement, a laugh, idea, or who just wants to peruse mom blogs for fun!
Some random facts about me!
- Coffee. And wine!
- Vacuuming is one of the most satisfying and enjoyable household chores for me.
- We have 2 dogs, Ollie and Elway. Ollie is a Terrier-mutt. We rescued him 11 years ago from a shelter. He was $36. We inherited Elway from a friend. He’s a hound-sheperd-smelly dog mix. He was free. We love them, and though all their dog hair annoys me, they help to complete our family.
- I’m obsessed with anything space and time travel related.
- I habitually twirl my hair.
- My favorite bible verse is 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Give thanks in everything,
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
- I’m afraid of frogs. Like, heart attack afraid. I’m fearful Blake will learn this about me and think it’s funny one day and prank me. He’s totally that kind of kid!
- I’m a stitch-fix addict, and post all my stitchfixes right here!
Thanks for stopping by!